Is it time to hit the "REFRESH" button
on your yoga practice?
- Do you always get stuck in the same postures?
- Do you compare yourself to your teachers
and feel like you fall short?
- Do you wish you could feel your joints more clearly and have a better sense of where you are in space?
- Do your ever feel bored when you practice?
There's a better way . . .
Yoga is a deep practice, combining strength, balance, flexibility, and mental focus. It can be a beautiful and rewarding way to nourish body and mind, but there are also many ways that you can get stuck. When that happens, it's useful to be able to change your perspective and get creative to open new doors in your practice.
That's what Reimagining Asana is all about.
This 12-class course will reintroduce you to Downward Dog - from a dozen angles you've never considered - through the unique and exploratory somatic learning environment of Awareness Through Movement.
You'll be amazed at how much more comfortable your Dog becomes in every single class!
Q: 6 weeks of nothing but Downward Dog?! 😳
A: You will NOT just be "pushing up and back into Downward Dog" again and again!
You will explore a wide variety of shapes and movements that will enrich every asana in your yoga practice.
That famous canine asana 🐶 will simply be your reliable reference point that you use to chart your progress. But you already knew that when your Downward Dog is happy, every other posture is happier too, right?
You will learn how to:
- Lengthen your hamstrings without stretching
- Clarify the connection of your spine to your legs & arms
- Find greater ease in your neck & shoulders
- Organize your hands & wrists for efficient weight bearing
- Release unnecessary muscular contractions that restrict freedom of movement & breath
- Skillfully move your attention to support your movement
Q: How is this different than following the "alignment cues" that I hear in a typical yoga class? 🤔
A: Here's what makes the Reimagining Asana approach so unique ⬇️
- You will follow the guidance of your own bodily sensations to understand & FEEL "how" to align your posture
- You will become a more skillful learner in the sense that learning is "knowing what do do when you don't know what to do"
- You will use Downward Dog to shine a light on the blindspots and habits that lead to aches & pains in daily life
- You will grow your awareness of how your internal voices impact your movement on a moment-by-moment basis
- You will discover how your own autonomy, creativity & individuality can become the central drivers of your progress
Whether you're just starting out 👶🏼, a dedicated yogi, or an outside-of-the-box-teacher 🤸🏽♀️🤸🏿♂️🤸🏿
this non-traditional learning process will refresh and deepen
your embodied understanding of your entire yoga practice.
THIS IS A SELF-PACED ONLINE COURSE.