The Reimagining Asana program
Is it time to hit the REFRESH button on your yoga practice?
Yoga is a deep practice, combining strength, balance, flexibility, and mental focus. It can be a beautiful and rewarding way to nourish body and mind, but there are also many ways that you can get stuck. When that happens, it's useful to be able to change your perspective and get creative to open new doors in your practice.
That's what Reimagining Asana is all about.
Each Reimagining Asana program uses the revolutionary somatic approach of the Feldenkrais Method to investigate a single posture from a dozen different angles. As a result, you will experience a completely new relationship to the asana which will reenergize your entire yoga practice.
What makes this approach to yoga asana different:
- Using the asana to uncover structural biases in your skeleton, unconscious movement habits, and emotional blindspots
- Clear explanations of the relationship between the posture and the movements of your everyday life
- Non-goal oriented approach that makes space for you to find your own unique definition of the ideal
- Strategic use of improvisation and games to broaden your thinking about the posture
- Studying the posture in relation to principles of ideal human movement that apply anytime/anywhere
- Exploring the posture in multiple relationships with gravity to highlight the work of different muscle groups
- Learning to recognize and adjust for the emotional and/or psychological challenges in your movement practice
Whether you're just starting out 👶🏼, a dedicated yogi, or an outside-of-the-box-teacher 🤸🏽♀️🤸🏿♂️🤸🏿
this non-traditional learning process will refresh and deepen your embodied understanding of your entire yoga practice.
Try one of these self-paced online Reimagining Asana programs: