5 Things You NEED to Know About PRESENCE
Do you struggle to maintain the cool, calm and clarity of your meditation cushion
as you move through the noisy routines of daily life?
Do you notice your body involuntarily tensing around certain people?
Do you have a shallow breath when you aren't doing breathwork?
Do you worry about your posture, but you’re not sure what to do about it?
If you feel great right after a yoga class, meditation or coaching session, but don’t know how to translate these benefits into a flow that can surf the waves of life’s ups and downs, there are five things you should know about practicing presence.
There are five relationships that are always occurring - whether you are awake, asleep, at work or at play. Whether you are paying attention to them or not. How you show up in each of these relationships can lead you decisively towards - or away - from presence, depending on how you relate to them.
Learn the five foundations of presence and they will teach you the rest of what you need to know.
There’s no reason you shouldn’t be just as present as you are during your morning practice rituals when you are
- Speaking to a family member, lover, co-worker or stranger
- Planning your calendar
- Driving, riding on public transportation, walking or biking
- Consuming online content or reading a book
And once that’s really true for you, it will be so much simpler to
- Feel comfortable in your own skin
- Find upright dignity in your posture
- React skillfully to emotional distresses
- Focus your attention on a single task for a long stretch of time
- Hold space for the people you care about when they need it
Is there any reason that you WOULDN’T want that?