Rusty joints? Repeating thoughts? Overwhelmed? Disconnected?
What if you had a foolproof process
to refresh your movement and your thinking,
that helped you clarify your place in the world?
The practice of Awareness Through Movement reveals what you are capable of
when you get out of your own way.
In this crazy world, some skills are essential. In every class, you'll learn how to:
- Develop deep habits of self-care to promote health and wellbeing, vitality, and resiliency
- Release unnecessary muscle contractions that restrict breathing
- Recognize self-destructive patterns and create new and more viable options
- Cultivate a practice of grounding to stay calm and clear-headed in all circumstances
- Find more clarity in your joints to move with grace and efficiency
- Access internal strength as a foundation for emotional dignity
Check out your first class for just $5.
CLASSES MEET MONDAYS, WEDNESDAYS & FRIDAYS AT 5PM EST AND SUNDAYS AT 2PM EST
*CAN'T MAKE THE CLASS LIVE? DON'T WORRY, YOU'LL ALSO RECEIVE THE RECORDING.*
BONUS: With your first class, you'll also gain access
to a simple 3-step process for lowering anxiety in any situation.
Still wondering if this is right for you?
Read what people are saying about this class...
Tapping into creative capacities...
- I felt this real nice access to my creativity. It was a really lovely journey.
- We can use our creativity in terms of what the body is doing right now, what the body can do and what is happening with the body right now. The practice is based on our senses and this vehicle of the movement.
- It felt like such a warm wash on the nervous system ...and then there was this self-honoring and creativity.
- For me, as a person that moves a lot, takes a lot of dance classes, you can get this pattern into your body. And then while doing the Feldenkrais practice, you can have a sensation of letting go. It brings your body new information and it gives you a certain freshness that you can explore. We have this possibility, with our attention, with our awareness to try out new experiences.
- I've done the pelvic clock a handful of times now and I would say that may have been my richest experience of it, just this kind of explosion into infinity with circles.
- After I started imagining water in the torso and just moving it with my joints, it became more flexible. Something happened, because of the imagination and exploring the different kind of bendings. I took a fashion illustration course and we were drawing these little circles around the shoulders and the pelvis, and moving the figures - and I felt like that. I could feel the connection from the back and the front. It was challenging, but at the end, it was so rewarding.
- A very beautiful moment to experience how the thinking, how the visualization has a response at the muscular level, how it responds in our face and in our eyes.
Clarity of mind...
- A really wonderful way to get to that sort of mental state or psychic state of really feeling like I was in the moment, and it carries through. That's a really nice feeling and something good to remember throughout the rest of our day.
- I'm just in the zone. I really am.
- At first, it was challenging. I didn't want to think about it, but later, I noticed: I'm in the flow. I got more curious. I felt more self-compassion because I wasn't forcing myself. This is the biggest takeaway for me, to be curious, but not forcing something.
- My biggest constraint is in my mind. That's what I learned today.
- There's a little more sense of dignity as I stand and I feel more support from my skeletal structure, more ease.
- It felt like an infinite world that just opened up. Instead of looking at my hip as the problem, the curiosity was more powerful. So I was very grateful for that.
- It's amazing to me. Things that don't serve anymore, things that get fiery in us - they just settle down a little bit more. Things that I think that are never going to go away, actually disappear.
- This is exactly what I needed today! With this virus stuff - it's like a gravity that's been pulling me away from me. So I'm really glad to say that, at least for a while, I have been free of that gravity and I can return to the gravity of the human body.
- When I'm stressed, I tend to not pay a lot of attention to my body. The classes have been wonderful for me with respect to reminding my body that I can slow down, that I can breathe, that not every movement has to be rushed or large, that I can take time to explore rather than just to react in the moment.
- I feel that the body becomes a channel or a vehicle to connect with my past. While we are making some movements, memories come up. I noticed that when I feel more grounded, I feel my connection with my past experiences.
- I have a better sense of the boundaries of my body. I was sensing the boundaries of the space of my inner body. It helps me to ground myself and really know the space I'm occupying. It makes me feel more alive. I can feel the needs of my body better.
- I had a sense that the space was really three dimensional and really wide. I felt freedom in my whole body and the breathing also changed. I feel very stable and very well connected to the space around me.
- When I feel most clearly in connection with my body, I'm most in presence - and that place of complete presence feels like a sacred space. It feels like a place where I'm most receptive to my own experience and the experience around me, which makes the ground feel really fertile for possibility. That, for me, is a way of connecting with spirit or something greater than myself.
- I feel like I've attempted what we were doing before, either through Feldenkrais or Qigong or other energy flow movements, but I've never had it work quite as effectively. So I was really there today and that was just beautiful. I actually felt a flow up and a flow down, as in a circle of lighter energy going up and down. That was just wonderful.
More ease and efficiency in movement...
- I went for a run right afterwards, and I often get this tenderness in my hamstring attachments, when I run, but after that class - none whatsoever. So I just want to let you know I have been geeking out on the movement of my rib cage and torso while I run. And I continue to have little to no tenderness in my hamstring attachments.
- I feel my chest is moving with so much ease and it's so hard to remember how it was before. It is so flexible and I feel like my upper body's just moving so freely.
- That was amazing. The first thing I noticed was that all of a sudden my eyes softened. I've been working in my art studio and really working a lot with color theory. I didn't realize how much tension I was carrying in my eyes.
- I feel my spine is more alive right now. I feel my spine is very strong. My body is alive and I feel longer, taller. It’s very interesting - I'm not worried about my muscles, I’m not worried about my posture, but I feel taller and stronger.
- Wow. This feels like a whole new land!
- So much more seemed possible to me as we went along. I think part of it was you gave us enough time to really explore. When I started out I couldn't feel the individual pieces, but with enough time, somehow something clicked. And that was really wonderful. Because there was enough time, there was time to let go of grasping.
- I feel so much joy! I can feel my body in a way that I have never felt before. I feel more confident and more powerful.
- My whole being right now is clear, very defined.
The online experience...
- I'm sure for you it may be harder being online like this, but I find it really almost exactly the same as being in the room. I feel you are here, I feel your observation and I think it's remarkably effective. I would not have imagined that I would have that reaction.
- I am very grateful for this class, for your teaching style and the warmth you convey.
- I'm increasingly becoming a believer. What an incredible detail about the way you deliver the product and it's really effective even if we're looking at a screen.
Why not come to class and feel it in your bones?